Brice Johnson - PF - Edisto - Cordova, SC - NORTH CAROLINA

• 6 replies
Brice Johnson - PF - Edisto - Cordova, SC - NORTH CAROLINA
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »
The below link indicates that Coach. Lavin had the opportunity to watch 6 ft 9 inch 200 pound Brice Johnson at Peach Jam and thereafter offered him a scholarship.

Johnson Is from Cordova, South Carolina.  Rivals ranks him as a 4 star prospect and reports that he holds offers from Yukon, Clemson, Florida,  and south Carolina.

Paging MJ Dinkings; what can you tell us about Brice Johnson?

LINK:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jul/19/gamecocks-add-2-more-to-2012-class/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:35:05 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Brice Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »
Sounds excellent and I love the fact that Coach is keeping his options open. 6 9 and loads of offers from great programs, seems like we can't go wrong with Johnson. Also I love the fact that Coach is recruiting players from South Carolina which has a history of many of its top players going out of state. 

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:57 AM »
I heard Brice Johnson was unbelievable at the Peach Jam.  Love his size.  We need more like that.  Apparently really thin though, with a thin frame.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:25:55 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
The below link indicates that Coach. Lavin had the opportunity to watch 6 ft 9 inch 200 pound Brice Johnson at Peach Jam and thereafter offered him a scholarship.

Johnson Is from Cordova, South Carolina.  Rivals ranks him as a 4 star prospect and reports that he holds offers from Yukon, Clemson, Florida,  and south Carolina.

Paging MJ Dinkings; what can you tell us about Brice Johnson?

LINK:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jul/19/gamecocks-add-2-more-to-2012-class/

I had heard about Johnson about a year ago from one of the local guys.  I, finally had the chance to see him play at the Peach Jam and he certainly impressed me.  He was outhustling guys; blocking shots and showing off a semi-hook shot.  He was the catalyst in CP3's win over Albany City Rocks.  IMO, he certainly outplayed Coleman in that game.  Gave Coleman fits.

Yes, he needs to add on some weight, but he wasn't really being pushed around during the couple of times I watched him play.  He's a long kid and being intently watched by South Carolina, Clemson and Florida.  I was told over the weekend that the Gamecocks may have the slight lead at the moment.  His stock is skyrocketing, and I'm sure his recruitment is heating up at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:46:10 AM by mjdinkins »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Brice Johnson - PF - Edisto - Cordova, SC
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
Some cold water on this one.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/07/21/steve-taylor-brice-johnson--prince-ibeh-update-recruitment.aspx

Johnson said he holds offers from Florida, Clemson, South Carolina, Ohio State, Miami, Virginia Tech and others. Although he said "everybody [is] even" in his recruitment, Johnson noted that Florida and Clemson are the two schools coming after him the hardest.

To date, Johnson (pictured on right) said he has taken visits to Florida, Clemson and South Carolina. He has no other visits scheduled, though he plans to make his commitment "before the season" starts. Location will not be a factor, Johnson said.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:55 PM »
This kid still hasn't committed?  Are there any issues about him qualifying?

Moose

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »
This kid still hasn't committed?  Are there any issues about him qualifying?

UNC
Remember who broke the Slice news